Thursday, August 9, 2012

NC trip

my poor children have been so sleep deprived over the last month! A full blown tantrum proceeded this impromptu nap, here at my dads house. He didnt want to get out of the pool, but it was time. He was so mad at me, I couldnt get his bathing suit off. So i just sat on the floor and waited until he calmed down enough to get some dry clothes on him. He was still kicking and screaming, though, so i started reading a magazine to wait it out. then he sat on the couch behind me, and before i knew it, he was passed out.

traveling with them on the plane was definitely a challenge, but it'll only get easier from here on out. I was so proud of us that we were at our gate early, and all prepared. I sent patrick this picture of us chillin together, and he responds, "is that my daughter eating off of the floor in the airport?" I looked back at the picture and thought well, uh, yes. I guess so. Whoops. and here i was so proud of myself. you do what you gotta do. and while travelling, its keeping them happy so they dont bother your fellow passengers.

We chose this weekend because it was my dads birthday. Chocolate chip cookies are his favorite thing, so Kim, his girlfiend, made him some. Charlie loves helping!

we went on a field trip to see some animals.

Patrick flew us the first leg, to Kansas City, so we could have a direct flight from there. We were very grateful!

me and my own personal pilot :-)


hanging out with the cousins


The high point of our trip was meeting Isaac for the first time! Brett and Jes had an amazingly blessed adoption journey over the last year, and especially the last few months. He became part of their family the day he entered the world, they were at the hospital to welcome him. poor little guy has had a rough time so far, he had some problems with his stomach and small intestine, and couldnt keep anything down. When he was finally diagnosed properly, he had surgery right away to fix it. we're confident he's going to be eating them out of house and home now, and grow up fast!

no more babies for me, but i'm always ready, willing, and able to hold yours!



we were also really glad to be able to make it to my niece's birthday party. Reese is ten days older than Caroline, so it is fun to see them together. (alot of work, mind you; but fun :-) I absolutely loved the theme, and Meghan did such a good job with co ordinating things. She made the girls dresses, too. and of course the cake, it was amazing. and homemade marshmallows: chocolate, vanilla, and lemon. so good!


my mom came down to NC to pick up their new puppy from a breeder down there, so she was able to come to the party too. we fit an awful lot into our time in Charlotte.

but we still had lots of time left to play. Thanks Dad, we had a great trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment