Sunday, August 5, 2012

Happy Birthday Luau

I thought it would be fun to reintroduce the blog with pictures from our birthday party. That would be me (30), Hannah (5), and Caroline (1). It was a monumental year for the girls in our family! We had sushi and coconut shrimp for starters, and tropical fruit salad with coconut, pineapple, mango and papaya.

Charlie eyeing the punch. There were swedish fish "swimming" in the "water", but they all sank to the bottom. that did not happen in the picture i saw on the internet!

Patrick grilling our chicken, beef, and pork kabobs.

"if its my birthday i can pull the tablecloth off right?"

some of our honored guests

a huge thanks to david and des, who came out for the weekend. David worked so hard at some projects around the house, as we are trying to sell it. Des watched the kids so i could get my hair cut, decorated the table, then did all the last minute party prep so i could get ready. (cause nothings worse than not being able to look nice for your own birthday party!) she made the coconut shrimp, and they made the nada coladas. (virgin pina coladas; so good!) She also made matching party dresses for the girls, and found a co ordinating shirt for charlie.

enjoying some birthday fruit

we took some pictures on my real camera too, but i cant get those to download. so these are from my phone, hence the blurriness. and the fact that hannah was nearly climbing onto the cake in her excitement ;-)

"MOMMMMYYYYYY!!!!!! too much excitement for one day! rescue me!" ;-)

many many thanks to my man. he is so wonderful, and really is my best friend. i love him so much, and am so glad he is my husband. the kids and i sure missed patrick during our travels so far this summer, and i am really looking forward to spending some kid free time with him next week. Since it has been such a long time since i did the blog, I know we have alot of catching up to do. check back tomorrow (or so) for the next installment.

No comments:

Post a Comment