Monday, November 4, 2013

every day memories

As we close out October (and apparently move directly into Christmas, if my mailbox is any indication!), just wanted to share some of our happy days. 

Charlie, all by himself, decided to rake the leaves for me! 


My thoughtful husband and baby daddy decided to send cards to not just me, but to each one of those babies, while he was away in Spokane. It meant SO much to them to get their own cards. 

We took an impromptu-ish trip down to KS while he was gone. (After all, it is only 9 hours; hardly enough time to get comfortable ;-) Nana and Pop Pop had a super fun activity ready. (I guess that's why God made grandparents. I think of the same activities, just never get around to actually doing them!)

We spent time at each of the great grandparents houses, and I also got to catch up with a few friends, and drop in on my old women's Bible study. Although we missed Patrick, it was a good trip. 


 My kids are so blessed by all the loving family members' in their lives.
I made up a nature scavenger hunt while at the farm. We were studying rocks, so we also collected and classified different kinds of rocks. And had to wash them off, of course. Anything to play in water! 


Why do these pinterest activities look better when somebody else does them? Our turkeys looked nothing like turkeys. And then, of course, the kids ate only the marshmallows and fruit loops and none of the apples.


Apparently, the ice cream capital of the world is just an hour south of us, in Iowa. Can you guess which ice cream producer has its factory there? Unfortunately, I am not a huge fan of Blue Bunny, but Vermont (and Ben and Jerry's) is just a little too far away. The whole town has giant ice cream cones around, and of course, the kids thought it was the coolest thing. 

You can watch videos of how it's made, and learn all sorts of random trivia while you eat your ice cream. (I am fully aware that nobody else finds this interesting, and posts like these are only for me to remember my life. Or just in case somebody always wanted to visit the ice cream capital of the world ;-)


What to do when you see the first snow? you could immediately run outside to play in it. . . 



 Or, you could enjoy our ritual first day of snow hot chocolate.
what's this? a picture of me actually with my kids? why yes! 

A big first: going to the dentist! The kids did awesome, and we are cavity free :-)

We had almost finished our 20 hr trip, when I made everybody stop for supper at this bbq joint we passed. I say that to the kids alot, okie dokie smokie. Let's just say it sounded more fun that it tasted good. But thats ok. I mean, who would want to pass up a chance to eat bbq sauce, baked beans, and potato salad in the car with three little kids? Not me, apparently. Not sure what I was thinking. 



We spent the weekend in Charlotte and got to spend some time with the cousins (and the adults ;-) before coming down to the JAARS Center to start Patrick's TE. (Our next post will go back to ministry focused. But we have to put pictures of the kids in every so often, for the grandparents :-) 

So, that is where we are now. One day down, 9 more to go! Thank you so very much for your emails and messages of encouragement; it means so much to us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment