Thursday, November 10, 2011

all snuggly!

Caroline got to meet her cousin Reese in Boston. Reese is a few weeks older. They were great buds :-)

my original thought was to make a gastronomic photojournal. but i was too busy eating (and taking care of Caroline) to take many pictures. Our first night we walked around for an hour trying to decide on a restaurant, then ended up going home and ordering pizza. but what pizza it was! fig, pancetta, and ricotta.

walking around the boston commons

the only thing i really wanted to do was go to the farmers market. even in october, there were stalls and stalls of beautiful produce. we just got baked goods and cheese. I've wanted to try fresh mozarella ever since reading Animal Vegetable Miracle (by Barbara Kingsolver). So when i saw this stall, i had to get some. And i mean fresh fresh. They made it that morning. it was SO good.



Lara recently moved into a new apartment. It's a 4th floor walk up (actually maybe 5. dont remember.), but the plus is this amazing roofdeck. Beautiful view, and you even have roofdeck neighbours on the buildings closeby. its just like hanging out in your backyard!

I didn't realize exactly how much i missed my kids until i got home. i felt like i could finally breathe again. they missed caroline quite a bit as well.


flash didnt work, but this is me and my friend sarah after finishing our super intense 5k (j/k), at the Run for Missions in Haviland.  We are both avid exercisers, but she is suffering from bad first trimester morning sickness, and i haven't started exercising since Caroline. I actually won this little race last year, and found out i was pregnant the very next day. so i thought it apropos that this is what is kickstarting my exercising again.


we've actually had flurries twice already. The kids are so excited for snow to play in. Especially because its a tradition that we make hot chocolate on the first real snowfall. Last year Charlie was still kind of little to really enjoy the snow, and i had morning sickness pretty bad during the winter, so we're all looking forward to more opportunities. (except for maybe caroline, who will have to sit there bundled up like a snowman and watch us play.)

it's pumpkin bread time! (you think i made enough? sheesh!)




one for the rehearsal dinner, for sure!



as you can see, we havent been up to anything particularly out of the ordinary. but i am in the honeymoon stage with my kids again, since i've had 2 weeks now of just being with them! There was always so much craziness and fighting and messes and crying going on while babysitting, I'd forgotten how much I really do enjoy them, and just their company. I had no idea how much babysitting was stressing me out until we stopped! I feel like every day with my children is a precious gift. Perhaps still postpartum overly emotional, but every day i have a moment or two that i pray, Lord, please dont let me forget this. Burn this in my head and heart, so i can keep it with me forever. Their little voices, their little bodies snuggling at nap time, the funny smart things Hannah says, Charlie's facial expressions, Caroline's sheer baby sweetness. Dont get me wrong, the days are still challenging, but i often wish i could just freeze time right here. Sometimes I hear SAHMs say the day drags. For some reason our days absolutely fly by. I never fit enough in. We have alot to look forward to in the coming months, but i almost dont want to, because it means everyone, especially Caroline, will be getting older. We moved her out of our room, into Charlie's. (He moved in with Hannah). I feel like an empty nester! She's only a few feet away, but its the first step. Sharing a bedroom is not going well at all, Charlie flat out refuses to stay in his bed. He gets up, turns the light on, plays with toys, sits in the rocking chair and reads. No amount of "deterrent" is making any difference. We are open to suggestions from more experienced parents!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing pics of the kids, post more often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do your kids grow SO FAST?!?

    Caroline is so big already. Such pretty eyes.

    I love all these pictures. (Nice beard, Patrick! You should keep it.) You guys look great.

    Congrats on the 5k! I haven't really started exercising yet, but hopefully soon as weather cools off. (Soon, please!)

    ReplyDelete